Sweet Potato Fries, Yum!
Back when I was little, the taste of a sweet potato was my biggest nightmare. I never liked them. For some reason, the sweet taste wasn’t for me. Whether crispy or soft, I couldn’t handle them. I was spitting them out and getting in trouble for wasting food all at the same time! Ha!
Now I cannot get enough! Funny how taste buds change as you get older.
For example, if I’m out at a restaurant, I am forcing myself not to buy the appetizer sweet potatoes. I love them!
Recently, I’ve started baking them at home and really find they taste better. I have unfortunately not mastered the whole “cutting the sweet potato in a ‘fry’ like shape” but they taste great anyway!
I love a crispy sweet potato, almost a little over cooked. Many people don’t like them this way but I’ve always been a fan of burnt food. (So weird, I know.. Burnt marshmallows, burnt muffins.. the list goes on.)
The cooking instructions in the recipe I’ve included down below is your usual method of cooking sweet potatoes. A.k.a. the non-burnt way.
Back a year ago in Thailand, my love for spicy foods really blossomed. I would eat Chili’s and not even realize it. Spicy food became my everything!
When it comes to sweet potato fries, I find they pair beautifully with spicy dressings but are also great with something sweet. So, I decided to mix things up a little bit and add a little spicy and sweet.
Honey, mayo, Tobasco and chili flakes? What a combination.
If you’re sensitive to the spice, I recommend not putting in any chili flakes. And, if you’re really sensitive, many cut down on the Tobasco.
But for those of you who are all about kicking things hot with sweet potatoes, then keep the spice as it is.
Do you love sweet potatoes? Try out my delicious sweet potato quinoa salad It’s a fun and delicious salad everyone’s gotta try!
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Honey Mayo dressing
Honey Tabasco dressing:
- 1/8 cup honey,
- 1/4 cup mayo * Vegan Option: Vegenaise or any other vegan mayo.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Tabasco
The Sweet Potatoes:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil (just to coat the fries)
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the dressing:
- Mix all ingredients together until perfectly mixed.
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- Get create and cut up the sweet potatoes. I fail at cutting them in perfect fry like shapes so have fu with it!
- In a bowl, mix together the already cut sweet potato fries and the melted coconut oil.
- Make sure that you mix while pouring, so you can get an average on how much coconut oil you're using. (You want your coconut oil to just coat your friends. Too much coconut oil will result in a 'musky' sweet potato.)
- Add salt and cinnamon. I threw on an extra generous amount of cinnamon as I love the taste!
+ show comments
+ add a comment