Sugar-free banana bread, what?
You don’t need sugar to make food taste good, especially banana bread.
There are so many different recipes when it comes to banana bread. Some have heaps of sugar and of course, they taste delicious but they are beyond unhealthy.
Whenever I decide to create a banana bread, I refuse to put any sugar in mine.
Why add sugar when there are earth’s natural sugars: honey and maple syrup.
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Lemon Honey Muffins ( DF + GF)
- Dairy and Gluten Free Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Muffins (DF)
Making it easy.
I find banana bread really easy to make. It only takes about 15 minutes to get all the ingredients together then you pour it into a pan and let it bake for 50 minutes.
Currently, I work with kids and there is nothing I like more than surprising them with some banana bread. Which, is exactly what I did last week!
The banana bread didn’t last more than a day but it was a great treat for everyone.
The ‘yum’ factor:
The real trick to making this sugar free bread delicious is by using real and natural ingredients.
Maple syrup is an all time favourite of mine. You can literally put it with anything!
Whether it be salmon or cupcakes, it tastes delicious.
Also, it is filled with natural sugars so it’s actually a lot easier for your body to digest than any white or even brown sugars.
This is extremely important for those with gut issues (like myself). Already, our bodies are trying to properly digest the foods were eating. So by substituting natural sugars, it is already alleviating stress off your digestive system.
Make sure to check out my delicious Maple Spice Salmon Salad !
Another important factor in creating a healthy ‘yummy’ bread is using natural sugar free chocolate chipits. I bought some at the local bulk food health store but you can even just add some cocoa powder into the recipe and it’s sugar free.
The sugar free chocolate chipits are what make the sugar free banana bread. It spices it up and really allows a ‘desert’ like taste into the banana bread.
This isn’t one of those ‘skinny’ banana bread’s but it is on the healthier side of desserts.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please let me know what you think in the comment section down below!
The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Ever! Sugar and Dairy free
*The more ripe the banana, the sweeter the banana bread.
- 3-4 Very ripe bananas (1 cup)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond milk (coconut or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup Sugar free dark chocolate chipits
- In a large bowl mix together all of your dry ingredients (Flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda).
- In a medium bowl, mix together all wet ingredients ( milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs and bananas).
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until all ingredients are properly blended together.
- *(I added the chocolate chips at the end once everything was mixed together. I added half of the 1/4 cup in and mixed it around. Then I added the remaining on top of the banana bread, to cook.) This is totally optional, you can add the chocolate in however you'd like!
- Place into a banana bread pan ((X5 inch loaf pan).
- Preheat oven to 325°F and bake for 50 minutes.
- If it's still not ready, leave in for an additional 5 minutes and no more.
- Slice and enjoy!
Don’t bananas have a ton of sugar in them though? I thought phase one was to eliminate all sugar?